Thursday 28 August 2014

From creamy elegance to blingy bling!

I love, and I really mean - LOVE! anything that is cream/white/gold. So elegant and beautiful but oh so difficult to photograph!

A while ago I made a canvas based on those colours and then took it to a birthday party where I gave a speach to the birthday girl while I gave the canvas sprays of colour and then swiped the details with silver and gold glitter. See, I love my bling!

And the other guests thought it was a fun idea to create something while I was talking. Well, they didn't know that the prep work took me some hours but hey, it was so worth it!

So, starting off with the canvas when it was cream/white/gold. Photographed with my mobile phone just before we left home and therefore the piccies are awful. Arrgh for my bad memory!


Matte gel medium, gesso, heavy modelling paste. 

Mists in Tattered Angels chalkboard in Chalk and 
Sandy Beach.
 Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Crushed Shells and
Mister Huey's Opaque White.

Mica flakes in white and silver, silver micro beads,
Prima cob web trim in cream and gold, pearls.
 The flowers are a mix of all sorts from my box of 
loose blooms, mainly Prima.
I was looking for different textures so they are
a mix of mulberry, fabric, lace, canvas, silk, paper. 

Yes, I've got A LOT of flowers in my stash!


And then after the colours were added;

Prima Color Bloom sprays in Peony, Cotton Candy,
Storm Cloud and Summer Sky.
Tattered Angels chalkboard in Splash.
Black India Ink





Et voilà!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy weekend!

Cheers! xoxo Eila

6 comments:

  1. Oooh la la la that looks so flipping beautiful!!! And to do the spraying in front of an audience - you must have a lot of confidence! And so you should as you are so good at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big wowzer!!! This is so creative and beautiful Eila !! Love it Gorgeous colours ! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness this is stunning, oh so beautiful.. I love flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally elegant Eila...you are such a clever girl to create in front of the party guests. And the finished result is superb. Love the burlap, lace and bird's nest cluster :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Eila.....love how you were the magician-ness standing infront of everyone with your colour wands!!!!! ;-) Such a gorgeous result..... Sorry for having njot visited for ages....but I just need more hours in the day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea...a party no one will forget! And the end result.....need I say more? oxo

    ReplyDelete