Friday 20 January 2012

TCR #94 Bringing in the Hay

Once again it's Friday and the week has just swooshed by! Thanks to all of you sweet ladies for your get-well wishes! I am happy to report that I actually tasted the coffe I was drinking this morning and could smell the tantalizing wafts coming out from our little corner bakery. Life is returning to normal pretty soon - yay!

Heard a really silly song played on the radio this morning and then I couldn't get it out of my head. I just say Barry Manilow ... Had to make my cool 1980's disco moves to the utter shock of the cats who really looked like sphinxes watching mummy making a fool of herself. What the heck, nobody else there to see me and if they had, well - who cares!

What do you say about Buttercup Yellow, Sage Green, Off White and Avocado Green? if that isn't spring totally sprung I don't know what is!


The Australian online store Meg's Garden are the January sponsors of The Color Room and this is the third palette using the beautiful papers from their newly released paper collection. The palette is specially designed after the sweet paper called "Green Toile". Meg's Garden have very generously donated papers to our DT to work with and what a joy it has been!

Check them out HERE

Here's the page I made:

#94_Bringing In The Hay 4000px-main

The sharp observer will notice that the paper I have used is not the "Green Toile" but another one from Meg's Garden, it's called "Wild Flowers Field" and has the same colours.

#94_Bringing In The Hay 4000px-2

I started with a houndstooth paper from MME Lost & Found 2 as cardstock. On top of that I have brown cardstock with punched leaf border and on top of that, another grey & white checkered paper from October Afternoon and on top of THAT, grey cardstock before the beeeeeautiful patterned paper.

I unravelled some of the hessian and made a bundle that I tucked in there next to the berries and sunflowers that I have cut-off from a Petaloo vine.  

The grey & white alpha stickers are from October Aftrnoon.

#94_Bringing In The Hay 4000px-3

Really cool guys on a warm summers day in about 1950. The handsome bloke who is number 2 from the left, wearing a white hat, is my FIL.

The brads are from MME L&F 2.

#94_Bringing In The hay 4000px-4

Subtle misting and splatter in different green, brown, and yellow hues.

#94_Bringing In The Hay 4000px-5

The brown cardstock alphas that form the word "buds" are from Lily Bee

#94_Bringing In The Hay 4000px-6

The papers are so incredibly beautiful in themselves that one really doesn't need a lot of texture or mediums to make them stand out.

Have a little something up my sleeve coming up in March. Might have something to share with you in April too and what do you know, even something in June and July too .... Making those silly moves again just thinking about how bountiful life is to me.

I will be back on Tuesday when I will share my CSI case file 3 with you.

Toodelipip! enjoy your weekend!

xoxox Eila

9 comments:

  1. Hi:) this is just so stunning LOVE the colors and the layers of goodies are just so yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so amazing, your details are so wonderfully placed on your pages, thanks for all your wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Eila, love the way the colours flow and the use of the hessian and corrugated alphas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Great way to scrap a vintage photo--love all the little details!

      Delete
  4. Super duper fabulous as always Eila. Love all those amazing details & your photo is great.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me!! Such great detail. Loving those colours, might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you arranged all the different elements with that vintage pic, what gorgeous men LOL! speak soon and you are sounding very mysterious, I wonder what you are up to? take care Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page Eila! Looking forward to hearing what you have up your sleeve for all those coming months!! Glad it is putting a spring in your step!!! (well that and Barry Manilow...)

    ReplyDelete