Monday 10 October 2011

With love from Switzerland + TCR #79 Like Apples on the Trees and greetings from Holland

Gruessi ali lueti! as the good citizens of Zürich would say. To ye English speaking I bid hello!

From icy winds and rain in the capital of Switzerland to dito in my hometown, no question about it - woollies are here to stay!

I was cooped up in a conference room for 3 days and by the time we were let out, it was almost dinner time. I was a naughty girl and skipped the last two workshops on day 2 just to get some fresh air. Took the tram down to the Old Town which is located at lake Zürich. With the excruciatingly strong exchange rate of the Swiss Franc, shopping was out of the question.

Zürich 7OCT2011

Just like a postcard even with dark skies and icy winds. Lake Zürich in the background.

Zürich 7OCT2011-2

A residential street in the Old Town.

Zürich 7OCT2011-3

And with a photo of the opposite side of the river Limat I say bye to Zürich and head over to The Color Room where palette #79 was released last Friday.

This week we have Purple Passion, Tan Hide, Pale Grey and Dusty Blue to challenge us and here is the inspo picture. Loved the combo but the Purple Passion turned out to be a really tricky colour for me.


Loved the blue paper from KaiserCraft Hunt&Gather, which then decided the layout for me. The original backing paper is the same brown paper, also KaiserCraft H&G, that you can see as matting under the photo. However, as I have serious problems photographing square despite all the tips I have got, I had to crop the photo thus leaving hardly any of it to be seen. The grey paper is from Swedish Pion Design.

#79_Like Apples in the Trees 4000px-main

Some of you might recognize Miss T whom I've scrapped several times before. Her mother told me that the photo was taken last summer (2011) at the Swedish Royal family's summer residence Solliden which is on the island of Öland. A right royal tree in other words!

#79_Like Apples in the Trees 4000px-2

Have bought a couple of new masks from Crafter's Workshop, this one with the branch and birdies is one of them and immediately became my new fave. I used a finger sponge to stipple TH distress ink first in Antique Linen and then in Vintage Photo. I think it gives the image a soft and hazy feel.

The large alphas are BoBunny Etc and I have misted and chalked them in several hues of purple and brown.

#79_Like Apples in the Trees 4000px-3

I just love the dappled light in the pic. Gosh how that girl has grown in the passed year!
#79_Like Apples in the Trees 4000px-4

Some brown/grey/tan flowers from Prima's new collections. A blue heart from Webster's Pages. A Prima pearl swirl from my stash and some cut out flowers from a piece of scrap of really old unknown paper. The photo is double matted in brown paper from KaiserCraft Hung&Gather and the grey/white is from Anna Griffin Georgette Collection. I made a fan from that same grey/white paper and placed it in the cluster.

#79_Like Apples in the Trees 4000px-5
 Here's some more of the beautiful mask and the top cluster with Prima blooms and resin bird. The blue rose and pearl Sparkler is from Webster's Pages.

Talking about sparkling, the postman brought me a wonderful surprise last week from the lovely bubbly and gorgeously beautiful Lean de Ruiter in Holland. I will soon share some of the content of this package with you. Her sweet and clever doggie Chippie had also sent a little something to her admirer in Stockholm; a card with a view of her beloved beach! Thank you so much girls!

Card from Lean de Ruiter OCT2011

 And with a view of the endless sky and sea I have also come to the end of this post. Have the next weekend to look forward to, hubbs is going away on an all-boys weekend with his chums so I have the computer all to myself! Cannot wait to catch up on my long overdue blog visits.

Till then, thank you dearly to those of you who haven't given up hope on me and have left lovely lovely comment even if I haven't been able to visit your blogs for quite some time! Reading them gave me energy to go with a smile to work - thank you!!

Have a fantastic week! xoxoxo Eila

9 comments:

  1. hello! Eila...gorgeous work indeed! lovely lovely page and altered frame. I bet you enjoyed your sight seeing and what a breathtaking pictures you have taken. Take care and see you in your next entry. Hugs, Yuzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Eila!!! For en utrolig flott layout!!! Elsker hvordan du har brukt sjablongen/stensilen. Og at bildet passer SÅ godt til den. Du har alltid så mange lekre detaljer på LOene dine! Og så var det kjempefint med sømmen! Du er bare FLINK du, Eila. Ha en fin dag.
    Klem fra Brit.
    PS Tusen takk for dine alltid like søte kommentarer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Eila!! sounds too much work and not enough play...just love those amazing photos, another gorgeous page for TCR.
    What a lovely surprise a card from Lean
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wauwwww you have been Naughty that much been have fu..stunning pictures!
    Love your page so cool the masking and a sweet girly on it..
    I hope you have scrapfun with the stuff...
    byeeeee,Lean..have to do some house cleaning..yek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet projects, gorgeous masking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eila! I totally understand that you have been crazy busy but I have missed you so much!! Looks like Zurich was an amazing visit despite the cold! Beautiful layout you got to create - love the gentle treatment of the CW stencil and your gorgeous flower clusters. Take it easy over the weekend and give yourself some time to recover from your hectic lifestyle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eila, loving the pics from your recent trip, looks stunning even in the Autumn weather. Your TCR layouts are stunning as always have also been neglecting blog so scrolled down to see what you have been up to, gorgeous creations. Your weekend ahead sounds like crafting heaven, hope you enjoy, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look at your gorgeous photos of Holland!!!! I can only dream!!!! Your page is lovely BTW! Thats what I am doing this weekend....catching up on some blog hopping.....I have sorely neglected visiting!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love these gorgeous photos!!! Beautiful!!
    Your page is Beautiful!! love the masking!! and the flowery cluster are pretty!! Take Care dear!!! Hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete