Sunday 1 May 2011

TCR # 50 Daddy Can - March 2011 - TOOOOOT TOOT! I WAS FEATURED!!


This week marks The Color Room's 50th palette and they have a MASSIVE blog hop! It took me a whole day to go through all the blogs and leave a comment for each and every one. Holy cow what an inspirational hop it is!!

To my utter utter amazement and complete surprise, my layout was featured! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was soooo over the moon with joy!!


This is my dad, one of my fave photos of him. The silent, rough guy from the Finnish Lapland who loved to potter around in his garage forever dressed in his checkered flannel shirt and blue work overalls. In his pockets he always had a rumpled and stained notebook, a pencil stump, a piece of string, some coins and flakes of tobacco. A hammer or a screwdriver in hand and his toolbox close at hand, rough hands and clothes always full of paint stains and oil splotches.

The journalling tells how he always told me not to cry when something had broken as my daddy could fix everything. Pps are BG Marjolaine. Lots of inspiration from the blog hop though the signs of it might not be big and bold; circles Emma Stafrace, mini-lasso+painted circles+buttons Leeann Pearce, white space and blown splatter from Julie Winks, chunky layers from Lene/Nabon, modelling paste/Gesso/white paint Lydell Quinn and Heidi Kelly, inked white leaves + stitching+distressing+mini cluster at the top a mix from here and there. Thank you beautiful Sylvia Mellander for the wonderful handmade denim bloom! TFL! xx




2 comments:

  1. congrats on being featured!! its a stunning layout!! i would love to have joined in on that blog hop - sorry to have missed all that good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that this LO was featured. Being a Daddy's girl does pay ;)
    I have a compiled a list of my faves from TCR -
    Fika
    Country Boy
    On Wobbly Legs
    Big Girl
    Pearls of Laughter
    Always (The journaling is touching)
    (#1 has to be a tie between Fika & Big Girl)

    ReplyDelete